Certified Life Coach
Every professional at Life Coach Library has been vetted and is a certified life coach.
At this time, there is no legal requirement for life coach certification. However, it makes sense that if you’re going to invest your time, energy, and money into working with a coach, they have some formal training.
Life coaching has become extremely popular. In the near future, there will likely be laws that regulate the coaching profession. Unfortunately, right now many untrained people are calling themselves a life coach. Even though it is not legally necessary to obtain a coaching certification, several respected coach training programs offer certification.
All coaches at Life Coach Library must provide proof that they have completed a coach training program. To explain, a certified life coach is a coach who has completed training with an accredited coaching institution. For example, The International Coaching Federation (ICF) is the most respected organization to approve of coaching programs. The ICF has the authority to decide if a coaching program has high enough standards to train coaches. Coaches who have received a Master Coach credential are the only ones who can teach in these certified life coach online programs.
Furthermore, there are several skills that certified coaches must prove they are competent in. Being a certified life coach is what sets professionals apart from untrained people claiming to be coaches.
Certified Life Coaches have training in the following areas:
- Ethical guidelines determined by the International Coaching Federation.
- The difference between coaching and therapy.
- Approved formats to conduct coaching sessions.
- Active listening skills.
- Coaches make the client aware of the differences between their thoughts, feelings, and actions; Reframe possibilities to shift perspective.
- Shows the client areas of strength and elicits and supports their resources; shows the client where habits are holding them back and explores options that serve them better.
- Explores the client’s values and makes the client aware of them; Works with the client to overcome limiting beliefs.
- Works with the client to clarify their goals and check that they are congruent with their values.
- Guide clients towards actions that will lead them towards their goals.
- Helps the client to develop a realistic action plan with target dates
In addition, certified life coaches have:
- completed at least 125 hours of training
- been observed by a Master Coach for at least 6 coaching sessions
- successfully pass a comprehensive exam with a score above 80%,
Ultimately, there are many ways to find a certified life coach online. Therefore, the goal of Life Coach Library is to make it convenient and risk-free to try coaching. Why not register and submit a coach request today?